Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Postcards

Here are a few vintage postcard images I found and thought I would share with you. Enjoy!







I love old postcards and found these on photobucket. They make feel good to look at them. Brings back childhood memories of Christmas that I have. Cant you just imagine how those children must feel with Santa there? I remember seeing Santa Claus when I was little and my excitement was tremendous! I would get so excited thinking about his visit on Christmas Eve, that I could hardly sleep. I must have dozed off, because when I woke, there were tons of wrapped gifts under the tree to open. My sister and I always received a new doll from Santa, games and tea sets. Christmas was a magical time of the year for us. It was always so much fun. We would visit my grandparents and have dinner with them. My two cousins would be there and we would compare dolls. Everyone ate too much and when we went back home there were new toys to play with for days to come. I hope that you have wonderful memories of this magical time of the year!

2 comments:

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Thanks Lorri! your comments were so sweet! I have to go through your blog, I have some extra time today so Im looking forward to some browsing!! and I adore those cards too! they evoke so much nostalgia! what a nice trip down memory lane!

happy holidays! Cynthia

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Lorri!

Your home is decorated beautifully for Christmas! warm & cozy! Thanks for the vintage postcards! A girl can never have enough!

Merry Christmas!

Hugs,
Maryjane