Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Yum! Banana Pudding


Tonight we decided to have a little cooking lesson(I'm trying to teach my 16 y/o how to cook).
We had been grocery shopping Monday and bought a huge sack of ripe bananas for $1. I didnt know what I was going to do with them all, but put them in the buggy anyway.
We made two puddings, one for us to snack on and one to take to work in the morning. At least my co-workers will be happy. Here is the recipe we used:
Cover bottom of baking dish in Nilla wafer cookies, slice bananas over the top. In sauce pan melt one stick of real butter. Be careful not to scorch it! I mix 1/3 cup flour with 2 cups milk, whisking it well to mix. Add two whole eggs into milk mixture and whisk well. I put 2 cups of sugar in the butter, mixing well and then carefully add the milk mixture. Stir constantly over medium heat. As the pudding thickens, remove and add 1 tsp of vanilla flavoring. Then pour it over the cookies. I use extra cookies to make it pretty and usually crush a few broken ones and pour on top of the finished product. Add whipped topping and you've got Banana pudding!
Hope you have a wonderful night!
[signature.gif]

5 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Looks and sounds SO nummy...reminds me of.. Paula Deens..."Better than Grandmas Pudding Desert". :D

Sandra said...

Yummy...keep up the cooking lessons, your kids will thank you later...when they can cook for their own families.

aimee said...

both of you did a fab job! what a special memory and a yummy one at that.
blessings,
aimee

Deb said...

My mother-in-law makes homemade banana pudding. I can't wait to have some on Thanksgiving. I tried to make it once and ended up with lumps in my pudding. Yours looks great.

donna baker said...

You are the only other person I know who makes their own pudding. Kudos.