Saturday, November 21, 2009

Little Known Facts


Here are a few facts about me that only my dearest closest friends should know!
I love to spend the afternoon watching girl movies.
I enjoy quilting, but I am not very good at it.
I am not a person who enjoys shopping
I do like to attend antique fairs and thrift shops
I love to eat a simple meal of fruit and cheese
I could sit in front of a roaring fire and enjoy the crackling flames for hours
I have 5 children, two are adopted
I have one younger sister who looks nothing like me.
My favorite historical person is Benjamin Franklin
I love to make lists and seldom remember to take them with me
Deep down inside, I am still about 6 years old, especially at Christmas time
I love Disney world, I could live there!
I have read all of the American Girl books that belong to my daughter.
I love Laura Ingalls Wilder
Integrity and honesty are the two traits I value most
I have always felt I belonged in another era
I dislike scary movies and would much rather read instead
I love to read biographies
Fall is my favorite time of the year
I really love classical music and opera
I wear an apron when I cook
I love pie more than cake
My most treasured item is a nativity set that belonged to my grandmother
I love to ride motorcycles with my husband
I love old sewing notions
I cant live without my Kitchenaid mixer
I sometimes wish I could still be a girl scout
I am a member of Sisters on the Fly
I am a magazine addict
Gone With the Wind is a movie I watch at least twice a year along with It's a Wonderful Life
And like George Bailey, I really do have a wonderful life and I love being me!


[signature.gif]

4 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Oh my gosh Lorrie..we have about 3/4 of your list in common! I wonder if us gals aren't all more alike than different? So fun to get in to see a peek at who you are..thank you. I just love ya..it would be so fun to spend a day together..like sisters, cause thats who we really are! Come say hi :D

Bloggin bout my Boys said...

Wow You are MY kinda gal Lorri! I also wish I was raising a family in the June Cleaver era! Is that YOUR TUB behind you WOW!! I could spend 5 hours in that baby! Have a blessed Thanksgiving and a GREEEEAT trip to Disney...and you have my permission to be 6 when you get there haha! Sue in Mich

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Lorrie, I so enjoyed learning more about you. Have a blessed Sunday! Twyla

aimee said...

nice to meet you :) you are one fun lady.
blessings,
aimee