Saturday, May 23, 2009

New Toy!

Yesterday I was browsing on Craigslist and found a new toy to play with. This is a 1977 Serro Scotty Sportsman camper.
It is very simular to my first trailer and it is in very good condition. The paint has oxidized and will need a fresh coat, but overall a great buy.

Fortunantly we have a friend who does that for a living


This trailer has the kitchen in the front



The fridge is new and it also came with a microwave. The stove works great!




Of course I have to get in there and do some decorating. I want to recover the cushions. But right now I have to do a major cleaning. It has been set up for a couple of years and needs a good scrub.






Not sure whether to paint all of the paneling or not. What do you think?







[signature.gif]

10 comments:

Julie said...

What a fun find! I think you should paint all the paneling. I am not a lover of paneling...in fact...I despise that stuff.
What a FUN project!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

OH HOW CUTE! ANOTHER dream of mine, a vintage camper. And yes, go for it, and paint that paneling!
XOXO
Joni

Terry said...

Howdy

Oh my gosh what a great toy !
I remember my Dad rented one like this years ago for memorial weekend when he could no longer handle sleeping in a tent.
Your fabric is what brought back the memory :)
Thank you !
I am a big fan of paint vs. paneling.
My parents loved paneling and I always hated the stuff .
Next every place hubby and I moved into seemed to have at least one room of paneling.
Now years later it brings back fond memories.
Congats on your treasure !
Happy Trails

Angela said...

Sweet!!! I love your new toy!!! I can't wait to see how to decorate it up!!!! I know you are going to have fun with it!!!

Hugs,
Angela

Glimpse of My World said...

wowo! I love it.. we have been looking for months for a shasta model! I would paint the walls! You will have so much fun traveling about in that stylish little vintage trailer! Happy trails!

Debra Hall said...

What a fun find and project! I have always wanted one of those and who would of thought you could find one on Craigs list!! Have fun~
debra

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

Love it and the Chippy Turquoise color is oh so great!!! Have fun !! Bleassings, Janna

Katmom said...

yep, these lil gems are just way to fun to re-furbish to our tastes...Oh & just a little fyi...We found at Wal-Mart, 'Krylon' spray paint in "Ocean Sea Breeze" that is a dead ringer for the turquoise color on the trailer.
We painted the inside of our '63 Serro Scotty a soft creamy white and the cabinet & drawer fronts in the turquiouse color. As well as the ice box & stove top....so have tons of fun & I look forward to seeing more pics of your cute Scotty.
>^..^<

vintage girl at heart said...

What a great find!! I would paint the paneling and I cannot wait to see what you do with your new little "cottage on wheels"!!! :))

Terri Steffes said...

Craigslist! Ashley and I need to look there! Yours is beautiful and the exact color that Ashley and I want to do ours in!