Thursday, December 22, 2011

End of the year count!

My sewing year didnt begin until this past oct after my knee surgery, I was stuck at home and going crazy, My plan was to make one quilt for my husband it snowballed into a quilt for all of our children plus a new baby quilt, I took stock of my stash and really had to add a lot to it to be useable
My old Singer broke down during this time so I replaced it with a Horizen 7700 Janome. So far it is a wonderful machine, My goal is to do free motion on the machine this year. I cant wait to apply this knowledge and be able to fininsh my own quilts1
This gumdrop quilt was the first one tht I did and I really like it well.

I made an carpenters star and plan to sew a little pillow from it

I started on this cute little pirate quilt for my grandson, He will just love it
Jensens baby quilt is finished as of today. Its washed and ready to bring him in the world Kristy is very happy with it
I made a total of 3 all wrapped upquilts. They were fun and festive and easy to finish
I also made 3 pinwheel quilts. Everything is quilted and washed, wrapped and under the tree. I made one more that never made it the quilter so didnt count it, I made another pinwheel that is white and red for my husband, All have been quilted except the pirate quilt. For a grand total of 9 completed quilts in 9 weeks! I am very happy with my process and now that I have finished, Im searching pattern books for a couple of baby quilts to work on.
My new year goals are:
Dear Jane Quilt
2 baby quilts
babybag
sewing machine cover
ironing board cover
Swoon quilt
Hometown quilt kit
learn to paper piece
learn to machine quilt
And another goal that is dear to my heart. I want to sew baby blankets to donote to the womens shelter for next Christmas, I can make one quilt a month to help a mother keep her child warm
I really want to do a BOM, but they seem to be overwhelming.
I want to find some classes to join.Well, going to bed. I have so much shopping to finish and plan to leave out very early to miss the crowds. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

[signature.gif]

2 comments:

Salmagundi said...

What an accomplishment in 9 weeks. I've always wanted to make a 'Dear Jane' quilt, but that has always seemed like a huge commitment! Hope you learn to paper piece - it's lots of fun. Merry Christmas. Sally

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Hi Lorri,
Do you know you are a no-reply blogger? You left a comment and I have come looking for you! I love your blog design it is too cute!

You should have no trouble with FMQ on the Janome, it looks like a great machine!
Cheers, Jess
Scrappy n' Happy