Sunday, November 7, 2010

Books! Glorious Books!

I have found the most delightful books! I just couldnt wait to share them with you. As you know I love pie! I could eat pie every day and never get tired of it! So when I ran across this wonderful cookbook devoted to southern pies, well Im just in pie heaven! I cant wait to get in the kitchen and start baking up some of the great recipes I found in this book. My Granny used to bake a butterscotch pie that had coconut and pecans in it. It was creamy and so delicious, I am hoping to recreate her recipe with the help of this book.
Another wonderful find this week are a couple of Betty Crocker books on entertaining. My daughters and I are going to host a cocktail, tree trimming party with a 1960"s theme. This book has so many great ideas that I can use for our party. We have decided to have it the Saturday after Thanksgiving, everyone will help trim the tree, eat and be merry!

This little book is a re-print of a guide published in the 1950"s. It has fabulous ideas on food,tablescapes,invitations and so many other great tips. Im in book heaven today.
Have a fabulous week and enjoy!



[signature.gif]

2 comments:

Jean Tuthill said...

I love the old cookbooks, too, and have quite a few of them. The recipes are usually simple and taste so good. I'm having a giveaway, c'mon over and join in the fun!

campwandawega said...

I adore vintage cookbooks, this one looks great.