Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fresh Farmhouse Style

Spring is in the air and it always makes me want to clean up and clear out! I needed some inspiration so I went to the Country Living website for some ideas. I am so loving the wicker baskets with the freshly ironed linens tucked inside. And who could resist the lye soap in the white urn. My Granny used to make lye soap and I do miss it. I would use a cheese grater and grate the soap, add some to my laundry and my clothes would come out smelling clean and fresh as a daisy!
I love this old country farm sink. A white pitcher with some daisy's and you have got country right in your kitchen window!
This red finish on the iron bed is wonderful!. I love how they have mixed the black in with the red and yellow. It really pops! How easy it would be to transform some tired old furniture with a fresh coat of paint.
I am so in love with this bedroom. I love the country feel it has. The wallpaper is beautiful and the white painted plank flooring gives it a fresh look. Every girl needs several pair of vintage cowgirl boots. I was shopping the other day and ran across some vintage style boots. They were new reproductions of boots from the 1960's.
I love the crisp whiteness and cool, fresh look of this cupboard. This would work in any room, I can see this in a master bathroom to store linens, perfume bottles and hand towels. Tuck an extra pair of sheets in the bottom of the cabinet and a dish of your favorite homemade lavender soaps. Smells heavenly! I hope you are getting the spring itch to spruce up your living space. I cant wait to get started!


[signature.gif]

12 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm with you...we just had rain again last night and everything is greening up here in the desert. Wildflowers and desert brush will be blooming soon...the outside is looking better and it is time to work on the inside!

Mama said...

Memories. . . my grandma used to make lye soap, too, on her screened back porch. Stunk to high heaven, but I'd sure love to catch a whiff today.

aimee said...

i love the smell of just out of the dryer clothes. speaking of clean clothes, thats what im doing now. im going to try making my own laundry detergent too. we had rain yesterday and sun today :) i love the pictures.
blessings,
aimee

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

I didn't think I liked green that much, BUT those shelves are gorgeous!

CarLe Etc. said...

Oh you have the sweetest blog...I know my daughter-in-law...Carrie,will just love you...Thanks
Blessings
Carolyn

The Cottage Girl said...

Oh I love your photos. I will go check out the Country living website too to get ideas! Red is one of my very favorite colors!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Lorri!

Love the rain to! I need to bring some red into my home! It is so bright and cheerful!

Let me know if you want me to make you a recipe journal! Have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Hi Lorri,
Love the rooms on your blog. I love color, so these pics popped out to me. I have that wallpaper in the bedroom in my house. Stop by and visit me. :)

Barbara said...

Lorri, Great pictures, I am also ready to so spring cleaning and chage things up a bit. Thanks for encouraging me to start.

Barbara

BS HONEY said...

I love your farmhouse cottage. So I am sending your blog address to my blogging daughter. She and her family are getting settled in a small cottage in Natchez, Ms. on an old plantation,with the family mansion next door. I think the old Mansion is on the Natchez tour of homes.I will find out more when We visit them Sunday.
Thank you for sharing so much beauty.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

These pictures are so pretty!