Saturday, March 17, 2012

Two Quilts!

  Hey yall! I know I have been out of touch for a couple of weeks. Things are so busy at the hospital that I have been working some extra shifts! Needless to say there has not been alot of sewing going on. The first quilt I wanted to show you is a pattern I found on Moda Bakeshop. I pieced it with Moda Hometown fabric, which I love so much! I have had to order the backing and havent quilted it yet. Most of my time has been spent on this scrappy Dresden Plate quilt. Im really in love with it, it is made from my favorite Ruby fabric and is my first attempt using applique! I am so happy that it is nearly ready to quilt. I have put some serious time into this one! Sorry for the poor photos, I am having to use my phone right now to take pictures.
I am trying to decide how to finish this one. I have the lime green dot for the backing and wondering about just sewing all of the blocks together to make a scrappy binding. Let me hear from you, I need advice!
Have a great weekend, I will be working again tomorrow so see you next week.
[signature.gif]

3 comments:

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

I don't know which one I like better - they are both really cute. What is the pattern for the first quilt?

I would go with a scrappy binding if this was my project. I love the look.

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

So glad I found your blog. LOVE these quilts, and your blog is super cute, fun music too!! And.. red is my favorite color. Love it. :o)
xo

Audrey said...

I haven't ever made a Dresden plate quilt - you are inspiring me to put it on my list!