Tuesday, November 25, 2008

End Of A Perfect Day!

Today, I spent the majority of the day with my husband. He is getting ready for a hunting trip and took the day off to be with me. Tonight, I sauteed mushrooms, grilled some steak, and made a terrific salad. We opened a bottle of wine and enjoyed a nice fire in the yard pit.

I wanted to start a new blog that reflected me and my dreams for this new home of mine. I left behind a Tudor style cottage and have moved into my new home which is a 1980's ranch style house which has not been updated at all. In other words it is all original to the home, right down to the orange counter tops! I am sure it will take me many months to decorate to my taste and make this new space my own. Fortunately, I have a wonderful husband who is very supportive of my changes.

I have bought many new magazines, trying to glean some ideas for the spaces that need it most. We are going to focus on the master bedroom first. I have plans to paint the room a very neutral color and add splashes of color through the drapes and bed coverlet. I have some nice pieces of furniture that I own and will use them in this room. I plan to post some before and after photos soon, because this room is horrible!!!

No comments: