Saturday, January 16, 2016

Busy Week

I haven't had a moment to sew or quilt this week. Last Saturday we bought a new house and I have been busy gathering paperwork, meeting with the realtor, and making plans. When I got to work on Monday, I had 4 people out sick with the flu and one of them was my assistant, so my work week was in an upheaval from day one! I was happy to see Friday this week, it was slow to get here!
Don't you just love the front porch on this house! There is a glassed in summer porch on the back of the house that looks out onto the yard. If you have ever read my blog, you know I have this thing for houses. All of my life we traded houses every few years when I was a child, then I married a contractor and spent many years flipping houses. In contrast, my husband has lived in the same house for 35 years. We currently live in his home and our new house is at the end of the street. So we are not moving far, but there is more room. I will have a true quilt studio in this house and be able to buy a long arm quilter!
I have numerous projects that I have begun and I need to spend time finishing them, but now I need to pack, have a garage sale and move. There will be some painting and new floor coverings going down, but my son will help me with that. I'm hoping to spend a couple hours this afternoon sorting through my fabrics and attend a birthday party for one of my grandsons. Have a happy week!

No comments: