Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year (AKA What Happened to 2015)

We have had a busy year with kids, travel, work and family. I am going to show you a few highlights as I look back on 2015

 At the beginning of the year I finished up some quilt projects that were left over from the Christmas rush. I had promised myself that I would make quilts for everyone. That goal was met, but just barely. We had new babies arrive, which necessitates a new quilt and some of them, well I just loved to much to give away. I'm kinda selfish that way sometimes!
 I was able to visit California and Disneyland. It was a great trip even though I was there on business, I was able to sneak onto a few rides. I'm about 10 years old when I go there. Main street is my favorite place. It always gives me the nostalgic feeling of being a child again. Living in a small town we had a main area that everyone shopped on Saturdays. We would dress up and go with our mother to town.
 Another finish for 2015. This is a pattern and fabric by Bonnie and Camille. Did you know that a new fabric line is being released called Little Ruby? I cant wait to get my hands on it!
 We also made a quick trip to New Orleans for a long weekend. It was very relaxing and we saw many new sites that we had not seen on our previous trip. This was the first time back since Katrina.
 Peppermint Patty was my favorite quilt this year. I began this in 2014 and worked on it during travel times, in the car and airport. I have always wanted a red and white quilt!
 My baby is 5 yrs old now! Logan is the sweetest grandson on the planet! My daughter is pretty awesome too!
 And, Im not sure where all the time has gone but my oldest grandson turned sixteen this year! A carbon copy of his dad. Watch out because he got his drivers license!
 We had a couple of sad things this year. I lost my father in May. This is a picture of the 4 cousins, they were my playmates growing up. My sister and I are in the middle. Then a few months later we lost a cousin. She was a wonderful woman and truly exemplified the Proverbs 31 example. They will be missed.
Im trying to tame my scrap box by making as many Dresden quilts as I can. So far I have over 200 of them made. My goals is to complete them this year!
My favorite purchase this year was a Hoosier cabinet. I love it!
AND.....my favorite Christmas gift was the quilt cabinet that my sweet hubby bought for me.
Its been a busy year for me and my family. I'm praying that 2016 will bring new memories with my children and grandchildren. That my husband and I will be happy and healthy. And you just never know what little surprises might pop up...uh in about 8 months or so! Hope you have a wonderful new year!
[signature.gif]

No comments: